You are looking for a totally different cruise experience. Imagine the serenity, exclusivity, and close friendship atmosphere of a smaller line. One that reveals the culture and scenic beauty of smaller cities and towns, and where there are no surprises in added costs since all shore excursions are included and wines are included in all on-board meals. Enchanting waterways take you south to north, from the Swiss Alps and Germany’s Black Forest to historical Strasbourg and Amsterdam’s beautiful windmills. There is also the romance and awe of spanning the banks of the Danube, discovering ancient manuscripts in monasteries, getting to know the “City of Music,” or strolling through the marvel that is Prague. This is what river cruises are all about: intimate cruising at its very best. And if your own community gets interested in forming a larger group you may even charter an entire ship for your family and friends.
European river cruises get to where other large ships are unable to go. Imagine the relaxation of not packing luggage and eliminating endless hours riding in motor coaches to get to the next point. You will enjoy lavish buffet breakfasts with sparkling wines all included, afternoon tea while enjoying small castles go by your window, and elegant, sit-down lunches and dinners.
The MAPA River Cruise Experience
- The small ship experience that makes you feel like “home-away-from home,” not in a maze with 3,000 passengers
- Award-winning ships, with suites and balconies; the youngest fleet on the European waterways – all with 98% satisfaction rating
- Panorama suites with 7 feet window openings – 30% larger than industry standards; bedding with Egyptian cotton linen and enough room to entertain
- All shore excursions free and led by certified guides
- All wines, beers, unlimited lattes and premium coffees included
- Largest staterooms in European river journeys – including Wi-Fi
- Experts that will immerse you in each port’s “inside story” before you disembark
- Menus hand crafted by culinary artisans
- For the health/fitness minded, a fitness center, customized menus, and “Al Fresco” dining options to enjoy nature
- Local entertainers brought onboard to immerse you in the local culture and fun
- Amazing views from your room at every turn
ROMANTIC BLUE DANUBE
Prague’s treasures, medieval town, river strolls and 1,200 year-old history will fascinate you. The journey starts with an in-depth city tour where you will have time to explore on your own, attend a folkloric show, and shop. You will be then taken to Passau in Austria where you will embark on an unforgettable river cruise. Quaint and charming towns in Austria will include the Benedictine Abbey -one of Europe’s largest monasteries- and the picturesque Wachau Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will wonder around castles, Danube river sites and cobblestoned town squares. Local folkloric troupes, wine experiences and fabulous classical music venues await before you head to Vienna. You will then get to know Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, where you will also have plenty of time to explore on your own. Budapest comes next, where you will be immersed in Central Europe’s historical, artistic and architectural splendor, the magic of violins, great food, and porcelain shopping before disembarkation.
THE DANUBE, GERMANY AND AUSTRIA
Experience an in-depth tour of Prague with considerable time for personal exploration. You then embark your cruise in Nuremberg, Germany (previously the unofficial capital of the Holy Roman Empire). Onboard lectures and guided tours will introduce you to Germany’s famous beers, castles and medieval fortifications. The next German city – Regensburg has at least 1,300 buildings of historic interest, an ancient Roman town, a famous stone bridge and old world, remarkable restaurants. Snacks at the Old Sausage Kitchen and visiting Passau, Linz and Melk will provide a more in-depth feel of life on the banks of the Danube. The cruise will also allow time on your own to explore Salzburg or to visit Cesky Krumplov in the Czech Republic, a UNESCO World Heritage, prior to spending time in Vienna, where you will disembark and join expert guided tours that include the Benedictine Abbey.
CULTURE & ROMANCE IN THE RHINE
Includes Switzerland, France, Germany and Amsterdam. From Zurich you will embark in Basel, the start of a wonderful story in the majestic Alps. Cruise to German-influenced Strasbourg -capital of the French Alsace region- through Heidelberg, Mainz (Germany’s most important wine market), the Rhine Gorge, Koblenz, and Cologne before disembarking in sophisticated Amsterdam.